Leslie Lawson:Lost 85 Pounds & Found Passion For Figure Competition
Congratulations to Body By O Angel Leslie Lawson on her amazing body transformation. Leslie is a busy mother and wife with a full time job as a realtor. What started out as a simple person training session with Kim Oddo, turned into an all-out passion for fitness with the end result of competing on stage at a several NPC Figure Competitions. We’re so proud of her transformation and thrilled to be a part of her fitness journey. Read more about her transformation below.
- What made you want to compete in an NPC competition (specify Figure, Bikini, Physique): The fact that I thought I never could do it! After completing my first training session which was a body transformation with Kim, he encouraged me to take my first step on stage three months later as a figure competitor. It was most vulnerable and gratifying experience--since then I've been onstage four times and have the hopes of one day getting my pro card.
- What made you decide to train with Kim Oddo? I had admired Nicole Wilkins for some time and came across an article where Kim was explaining some of her workouts. By some divine intervention my family and I relocated to Temecula where I quickly discovered that's where Kim was also located. My husband encourage and insisted that I reach out to Kim as who else could better help me achieve what I admired in a magazine's.
- What does your training consist of? Sometimes it feels like it's only cardio LOL! However, I follow Kim's workout program very religiously -- I must say my favorite part to work is my back and shoulders. I preferred to do my workouts in the morning, seems to work best with my work and home schedule.
- What are your favorite healthy meals? Yams with cayenne pepper or simply a tablespoon of almond butter
- What is your favorite cheat meal? Nachos!! With a side of gummy bears and a glass of wine!
- What suggestions do you have for others looking to make a body transformation or compete in an NPC competition? Be very much aware that it's going to take work, sweat and tears! It's a lifestyle change...not just a diet! You're going to have to put yourself at a higher level of priority than you probably ever had to in the past. Gain as much support from your family members and friends as possible--and most importantly look at yourself in the mirror daily and don't give up on you!
- When will we see you on stage again? My goal is July 2016