By Body By O Athlete IFBB Pro Skylar Lanier
During competition prep we all get in that funk where we have no desire to do anything, let alone go to the gym or maybe that’s just me? Well I know I have been there plenty of times! So here are my top 5 tips and tricks to help you stay motivated during you prep.
- Set your phones home screen to a photo of yourself of how you looked when you started.
Because we are constantly looking at our phones setting a progress photo of yourself will be a constant reminder of why you started this, and how far you have come.
- Make a list of tasks/accomplishments you want to achieve in the gym or in your everyday life.
Doing this will keep you on track and it will provide a sense of accomplishment when you check one off.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people.
When you surround yourself with people who have prepped or are currently prepping, they can give you the extra push you need, and be there for a support system to keep you motivated.
- Keep in mind that you will be in a competition bikini on stage in front of everyone.
Knowing that you will have to be in a bikini on stage in front of a large crowd will make you want to keep pushing yourself so that you will look as good as possible when it’s time to step on stage.
- Keep track of your progress.
When you keep track of your progress, such as keeping check in photos in a separate folder in your phone, taking your own measurements, or getting body composition tests done, you will be able to see how you have progressed over time. Even if these changes are small, it will motivate you to keep pushing yourself to be your best.
I hope these tips can help you find some motivation : )